Monday, January 19, 2009

Janice

Before the Christmas madness, I was contacted by someone who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She's 32. Wow. That nasty disease is so non-discriminatory. Janice had an amazing outlook on beating this. Before she started treatment, she contacted me through the Think Pink Network about taking her picture. (Think Pink was founded October 2007 to support individuals and their families who have been touched by breast cancer. It is a charitiable organization that serves two purposes - celebrating life and supporting the cause.)

When Janice called me, she was so amazingly genuine. I was overcome with emotion talking about the pictures she wanted to capture. you see, she's never been married. There are some memories about her upcoming journey she wanted to preserve . . . . and other's she wanted to eliminate. I was thrilled she picked me to help her with this task.

This was my first Think Pink assignment and I absolutely loved it. The pictures are somewhat personal, but she is anxious to get her story out. If you are interested in seeing the rest of the pictures, please either send me an email or leave a comment and I will get back to you with the log in information, pending her approval. The pictures are so unbelievably moving, I'm really proud of these pictures . . . and mostly Janice. She's just amazing. You'll see why through the pictures. No anonymous requests, please. Oh and Janice . . . please contact me . . . all my emails area bouncing back . . . I hope you are well . . . .XOXOXOX