Friday, January 30, 2009

The local resident . . . .

I can honestly say that I think I have one of the prettiest yards I've ever seen. ;) In fact, I fell in love with my home because of the yard. We have beautiful walnut trees everywhere on 1 acre. Now, appreantly I'm not the only one who thinks my yard is an oasis. Meet our local resident.


Every day this guy is perched in my tree. He watches me drive in and out of my driveway everyday. There's not many days that go by that I don't see him either perched in that tree or swooping down on my front lawn to make a kill. He's great at keeping the gopher and mice population down. But he wasn't always this big.


About a year ago, my son found this sweet "little" bird that had fallen out of a huge palm tree in our neighbor's yard. I bet he fell about 150 feet! We protected it from the resident cats and fed it raw meat and water. Now we aren't certain, but we believe it gained it's strength and flew away and now lives in our yard. Even though it doesn't look like the exact same bird, I choose to believe it is . . . or otherwise I've got a bird sanctuary!