Sunday, April 20, 2008

A little Dutch baby!

There's just something about black and white naked baby portraits that I just cannot get enough of. When I take a baby portrait, my goal is to focus on the child. I don't want the portrait to get bogged down with clothing patterns, backgrounds, and such . . . I just want to see the baby in its raw form. A baby in the buff. I want the viewer to focus on the eyes, the perfect unblemished skin, the shadows in the right places, the expressions . . . the innocence. My last baby session was no different. I knew these would have to be B&W when I opened them up. What a Cutie Patootie! This little guy is happy as can be! He's got a big brother that adores him, too! Lucky guy . . . Here's a little sneak peek from a recent session with Rachelle and Gerrit's three month old. Thanks for having me capture your little bundle of joy in the camera. I hope to be able to take many more pictures of your family! Your gallery will be up soon . . . .