Monday, February 4, 2008

I've been asked . . .

Them: "Would you ever want to take pictures for weddings?"

Me: "Nope."

Them: "Why not?"

Me: "S-C-A-R-R-Y!"

Them: "Really? Why do you think so?"

Me: "I'm passionate about photography. Always have been. I don't ever want this photography business to seem like work. Maybe someday I'll venture out in the wedding world, but then that would mean I'd have to give up my Saturdays and then that is work. I'm not willing to undergo that much pressure on a Saturday! The only pressure I want on a Saturday right now is deciding if I should wake up at 8AM or 9AM."

Them: "Yeah, I can see that."

Me: "And it would look ridiculous if I showed up in my jammies and Uggs. So when I find that wedding, THEN I'll be the shooter. Besides, I don't think the bride would like it if the photographer stuck her finger in the cake frosting and licked it. And it's really not fun to see the photographer juggle a glass of champagne AND a camera . . . or maybe . . . . "